In a recent review on home health care routing (HHC) and scheduling procedures, an overview of publicy available benchmark instances was provided. In the meantime, new data has been published and links altered. Consequently, this post provides an updated list of all benchmark instances available online.
Please contact me or leave a comment if you know of any further available data (last update: 10.11.2017).
Single-period HHC routing and scheduling data (alphabetically ordered):
- Braekers, K., Hartl, R.F., Parragh, S.N., Tricoire, F. (2016) A bi-objective home care scheduling problem: Analyzing the trade-off between costs and client inconvenience. European Journal of Operational Research 248(2), 428-443 [Publication / Data]
- Fikar, C., Hirsch, P. (2017) Evaluation of trip and car sharing concepts for home health care services. Flexible Services and Manufacturing, in press. [Publication / Data]
- Fikar C, Hirsch P (2015) A matheuristic for routing real-world home service transport systems facilitating walking. Journal of Cleaner Production 105: 300–310. [Publication / Data]
- Hiermann G, Prandtstetter M, Rendl A, Puchinger, J, Raidl GR (2015) Metaheuristics for solving a multimodal home-healthcare scheduling problem. Central European Journal of Operations Research 23 (1), 89–113 [Publication / Data]
- Mankowska DS, F. Meisel F, Bierwirth C (2014) The Home Health Care Routing and Scheduling Problem with Interdependent Services. Health Care Management Science 17, 15-30. [Publication / Data]
- Trautsamwieser, A., Gronalt, M., Hirsch, P., Securing home health care in times of disasters, OR Spectrum (2011), 33(3), 787-813. [Publication / Data]
Multi-period HHC routing and scheduling data (alphabetically ordered):
- Barrera D, Velasco N, Amaya CA (2012) A network-based approach to the multi-activity combined timetabling and crew scheduling problem: Workforce scheduling for public health policy implementation. Computers & Industrial Engineering 63(4), 802-812. [Publication / Data]
- Cappanera P, Scutellà MG (2013) Home Care optimization: impact of pattern generation policies on scheduling and routing decisions. Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 41, 53 – 60. [Publication / Data]
- Cappanera P, Scutellà MG (2015) Joint assignment, scheduling and routing models to Home Care optimization: a pattern based approach. Transportation Science 49(4), 830 – 852. [Publication / Data]
- Lin, C-C., Hung, L-P., Liu, W-Y., Tsai, M-C. (2017) Jointly Rostering, Routing, and Rerostering for Home Health Care Services: A Harmony Search Approach with Genetic, Saturation, Inheritance, and Immigrant Schemes, Computers & Industrial Engineering (2017). [Publication / Data]
- Trautsamwieser, A, Hirsch, P., A Branch-Price-and-Cut Approach for Solving the Medium-Term Home Health Care Planning Problem, Networks (2014), 64(3), 143-159. [Publication / Data]
– Fikar, C, Hirsch, P (2017) Home Health Care Routing and Scheduling: A Review. Computers & Operations Research 77, 86-95. DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2016.07.019, , Kudos: http://goo.gl/3QKNBN